Saturday, January 3, 2009

As my thoughts follow me through & as I lay my fingers upon the keypads, I start to wonder why am I even writing this down for you. I reckon you'd say that I'm merely posting this up because I feel bad towards you after receiving your call earlier. I wouldn't deny that; but that's only part of the reason. Well, like you said you care enough to call me, I care enough to let you know that I care about you too.
Perhaps you know me well and can read me like a book, the way I thought I could read yy's mind, back then. But, sometimes maybe we just don't understand each party that well after all? Amongst all the girls I've met, you're definitely one of the very few who would tell me exactly how you really feel about somethings that I have done and what's not. & though sometimes it hurts, I thought that was good cause at least I know what is it about me or the way I handled things that you aren't happy about or that made me not as perfect a person.

If I don't mention, you probably wouldn't know that because of you, I have changed. Maybe not that great yet, but at least I know I think before I speak/react when it comes to you because I don't want to say or do anything that makes you unhappy. Seeing you happy and putting a smile across your face is the best I could. I'm afraid I haven't been able to do that towards others but I hope that I could do likewise to them, just as I did towards you. In a way, you made me a better person.

You do know that meeting you was definitely not an event I'd forget. I haven't forget how we met, how you insisted that I called you 'sexy' the second time round you collect your chippy orders, how you came to look for me but mistook Jamie as me. I wouldn't forget that you came down to Fep and we had a little chat. Yes, & that changed our course in life. We traded numbers & all the sweet little things began. The broken bus ride, holding of hands even though we only met for the second time, the kiss at the fountain at Raffles City, the walks home, sitting at the playground, the playful winks, pickup lines that you shared. Everything about you, I wouldn't forget. You were the one girl that I fell hard and head over heels for. But, reality isn't a fairytale & you told me we couldn't be together.

I can remember how unhappy you were and how disappointed you were with me for moving on. You thought I would wait because I said I would. But I didn't. Remember how you would sing to me when I sent you home and when we lie down at the playground just staring at nothing in the sky, you told me we would be a very sweet couple if we were together, I wished that was true. But we wouldn't be together. I guess, in the long run we would probably quarrel non-stop, just the way it is now. Well, we don't exactly quarrel but we just kind of read each other wrongly.

How I met you, the things we did (no matter how short the time I've known you, no matter what little trials we have shared) you know & I really hope you know that 2007 was unforgettable because you became a part of my life. 2008 can't be any better either because you made my life go from high to low, high to low and all & that spice up my not very exciting life. I know 2009 is gonna be the same, like the previous years because of all the people around me & that includes you. Somethings don't have to be mentioned to be make known but I guess I was wrong. I just want you to know that, girl, you really mean alot to me. Don't ever think that I would trade a friend as awesome as you away for anything else.

I love you. Have a safe trip & I do hope you'd read this before ur flight.


Love,
J.koh

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read this after my flight and it wasn't necessary but Thank You, it is very sweet.
Thank you.